About Region 149
Our region has been in Corvallis for 35 years, serving an average of 1400 players per year, enriching the lives of about 9800 different kids.
AYSO Vision Statement - To provide world class youth soccer programs that enrich children’s lives.
AYSO Mission Statement - The American Youth Soccer Organization’s mission is to develop and deliver quality youth soccer programs, which promote a fun, family environment based on the AYSO philosophies: Everyone Plays, Balanced Teams, Open Registration, Positive Coaching, Good Sportsmanship, & Player Development.
- Everyone Plays - Our region's goal is for kids to play soccer so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least 50 percent of every game. It's no fun to spend the game on the bench...and that's no way to learn soccer!
- Balanced Teams - Each year we form new teams as evenly balanced as possible because it's more fun and a better learning experience when teams of similar ability play. It allows for each player to gain the experience of a wide variety of teammates of different skill levels.
- Open Registration - Our program is open to all children between 4 and 19 years of age who want to register and play soccer. Interest and enthusiasm are the only criteria for playing. There are no elimination try-outs and nobody gets cut.
- Positive Coaching - Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment for the players and leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players. A coach can be one of the most influential people in a child's life, so AYSO requires they create a positive experience for every boy and girl.
- Good Sportsmanship - We strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude, and our program is designed to instill good sportsmanship in every facet of AYSO.
- Player Development - We believe that all players should be able to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities, both individually and as members of a team, in order to maximize their enjoyment of the game.