Volunteer Application Open

Player Application Closed

Indoor Registration Starts in October

Upcoming Events

Sat Sep 29, 8:00am- 1:00pm
Picture Day Part 2
Sat Sep 29, 8:00am-12:00pm
Late Order Uniform Pickup
Sat Sep 29, 8:30am- 3:00pm
Fall Game Day
Sat Oct 27, 8:30am- 3:00pm
Final Fall Game Day
Sat Apr 6, 8:30am- 3:00pm
Spring Game Day
Sat May 18, 8:30am- 3:00pm
5-A-Side

Board Minutes/Notes Archive - MY2018

August 2018

MINUTES FOR AUG 16, 2018

PRESENT: Andy Ungerer, Luke Cotton, Vince Waterhous, Chris Jordan, Eric Gleske, Mary Cotton, Arianne Custer, Elaine Markley

TEAM FORMATION: We were able to add two new 10UB teams and one 08UG team. The new names for the teams are 10UB Clippers and Firebirds and 08UG will be the Rainbows.

BLUE SOMBRERO ISSUES: Youth volunteers are having trouble getting registered in Blue Sombrero. The team website has been changed. Luke is suggesting Team Managers avoid game changer application. Some managers will use Shutterfly.

BOARD REQUIREMENTS: All Board members must go online and take the CDC module each year so if members have not done that, they need to take care of that sooner than later. Safe Haven is a one time only module.

REGISTRATION REPORT: Andy reported there are 992 registered players at this time. There are 18 on the wait list. Mary is at near capacity of 25 for the 05U group. Dan will coach that group again this season. Thanks Dan

OPENING DAY: We will open the season on September 8 with a casual (soft) opening. Teams will be assigned a field and time. Coaches will conduct a short practice then play a short scrimmage the rest of the allotted time. Mentors for coaches and referees are needed to circulate and give feedback. Mary will purchase “Happy Birthday” and soccer ball balloons at Dollar Tree for the opening day. Elaine will contact Joe McVeety to see if he can create a banner/sign with a Happy 40th Birthday AYSO Region 149 on it. If he can do two, one will be on the fence of the main gate and the other one on the fence on 35th Street at the Adams play area.

EQUIPMENT REPORT: Arianne reports that the older division uniforms should arrive shortly. Teams that had all their registered volunteers received their uniforms. All equipment bags were taken to the signs for the team meeting and a representative from each team took the bag with them. This worked well to clear out the sheds and make sure we knew which teams are missing an equipment bag. Board member clothing had been ordered and should be coming soon. The contract with Score has been finalized for next season.

OUR TOWN: Mary will create an advertisement for the supplement to the Gazette Times called Our Town. Information about Core and Indoor will be included. This is a free advertising for the program!

SCHEDULE: Since there are a few new teams being formed and Luke has not heard back from Region 870, the schedule has not been built. Juan and Luke will meet over the weekend to finalize teams so John can get started on building the schedule, factoring in the coaches who have more than one team.

FIELDS: Luke has been watering 2 fields at this time. Others will get watered in the near future. Chris will be working on locating the corner markers so stakes can be placed out to connect the lines for a marked field. Corvallis School District constructed a fence with a gate dividing the 08U fields from the fields to the south. Elaine will contact Best Pots and have one standard port-a-pot unit be placed on the south side of the fence and one on the north side so teams practicing on fields 142, 60, 61 and 123 during the week will have access to a unit without having to climb over the fence.

TRAINING: Referee and coach training will begin the week of August 20. Luke will be using the worksheets that teams turned to record who is volunteering for the top 5 positions (coaches, referees and team manager) and make sure they are aware of when they need to report for training.

UNIFORM PICK-UP: We will be at the field on Wednesday, September 5 from 5:30-6:30 to distribute uniforms to any team who has a completed team worksheet and all volunteers are registered. Any Board member who would like to help is invited to show up for the hour to assist and answer questions.

SUMMER CAMP: The August session had about 75 campers, which was the largest of the three monthly camps.

NEXT MEETING: Our next scheduled meeting will be September 20 at 7:15pm at the OSU Oceanography Administration building.

Respectfully submitted:
Elaine Markley, Secretary
AYSO Region 149

July 2018

MINUTES FOR JUL 19, 2018

PRESENT: Humberto Nation, Elaine Markley, Catalina Segura, Andy Ungerer, Juan Fernandez, Chris Jordan, Eric Gleske, Mary Cotton, Dan Herford, Luke Cotton, Toby Westberry

MINUTES FROM MAY MEETING: It was moved by Eric and seconded by Mary that the minutes be approved as written with the correction of the spelling of Catalina Segura's last name. Motion carried unanimously. There were no minutes from June due to a field work session.

NATIONAL CHANGES: Luke reported that we will discuss the increase of $25 voted on by National AYSO to help cover online training and extensive background checks. How we will cover this or bundle it into a player fee will be determined for the MY2019-10 and decided at the January retreat.

509-J CONTRACT: Luke has been working with the school district to include everything in one contract. Items included in this would be ownership of the AYSO sheds, the trailer, we would maintain all the goals, increased insurance cost, water cannons (2 our Region 149's property and one 509-J property). He is working with Karen Selander, the Risk Management Specialist to firm up the language.

CONTRACT WITH SCORE: Anton has reviewed the contract with Score and feels we should not do an automatic renewal contract.

EQUIPMENT: Arianne went with a 50 cent upgrade per pair of shorts for uniforms this season. The inventory will arrive the 2nd week in August. We have a lot of 6U and 8U uniforms that will be distributed this season that were purchased last season. They will not have the new style shorts.

EXTRA: All is going well. Teams have been involved in the Capital Cup, Beaverton Cup tournament. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that needs to be done to make EXTRA work. A lot of paperwork, player cards, getting pictures for player cards, and difficult to get data entered in Blue Sombrero. 10U is looking for a league to join for the fall. Thanks Bob and John for all your work with the EXTRA program.

SUMMER CAMPS: The first camp held in June had about 48-50 players. It appears there will be about the same amount for the camp July 23-27. Luke said we are still looking for a host family or two. Mary offered to host a coach.

REGION 870: Luke reported that Region 870 has gone to odd number divisions for MY2018-19. At this time, it will be hard to put together a schedule for Interplay until more information has been received.

REGIONAL CALENDAR AND COMMUNICATION TO THE MASS: Luke will send a mass email out to let families know specific number of teams, coach volunteers, referee volunteers and team manager volunteers to show how low the response if for the "big 5" jobs and we can not form teams without key volunteers. When the team meetings are held, each team must have the "big 5" volunteers identified before they will get their uniforms. Team Managers will need to be more proactive to help find and make sure those volunteers register before coming to the team meetings. There will be a "no thank you" list for those volunteers who sign up and then do not fulfill their commitment. Their names will not count for a "big 5" volunteer position.

IDENTIFICATION CHECKS: All training sessions will offer ID check-in when volunteers arrive. Returning volunteers do not have to present current ID.

TEAM FORMATION: The girls teams are in need of help for team formation. Luke will tackle the 6U and 8U since there are no coordinators for those divisions. Leanne will work on the 10U division, Andy will do the 12U division and John will do the 15U division. Luke will send out an email next week asking for volunteers to step forward to be a part of the team formation process. Andy has one volunteer that might be able to take ownership of a division. He will follow up on that contact. There will be a "wait list" started in Blue Sombrero but it will be capped a few below maximum to allow new players moving into town an opportunity to be placed on a team.

TEAM MEETINGS: Dates for team meetings at the field are as follows:

  • Tuesday, August 14- Size 3 Night. 5:30-6:30 6U players. 7:00-8:00 8U players
  • Wednesday, August 15- Size 4 Night. 5:30-6:30 10U players. 7:00-8:00 12U players
  • Thursday, August 16- Size 5 Night. 5:30-6:30 15U players. 7:00-8:00 19U players

All Board members need to plan on attending as many of these sessions as possible. We need a lot of help!

OPENING DAY: This year we will begin a Fun Day approach with short games for everyone throughout the day on September 8. We will have a list of volunteers posted so everyone can see where we are short handed and have computers available to get volunteers signed up before the first game day which is September 15. Genius Sign Up will be used again since it works well to send reminders. Team Managers will be more involved in following up to be sure their volunteers' names appear on Concession, Safety, Shoe Sale, Fields volunteer lists. We need to be sure everyone knows they are expected to fulfill 2 hours of volunteer time in BOTH the fall and the spring. The spring tends to drop off. We need to be more proactive in the spring when a new player is assigned a team and follow-up with the family to be sure they sign up for a volunteer position. They are slipping through the cracks currently.

TRAINING SESSIONS: Various sessions are being planned for training volunteers. Each Board member will work with Luke to secure proper training locations to fit their needs. As locations and times are identified, they will be posted on the website calendar.

NEXT MEETING: The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, August 16 after the team meetings at the Adams fields.

Respectfully Submitted,
Elaine Markley, Secretary
AYSO Region 149

MY18 Email Archive

None moved from (here)

Volunteer Application Open

Player Application Closed

Indoor Registration Starts in October

Upcoming Events

Sat Sep 29, 8:00am- 1:00pm
Picture Day Part 2
Sat Sep 29, 8:00am-12:00pm
Late Order Uniform Pickup
Sat Sep 29, 8:30am- 3:00pm
Fall Game Day
Sat Oct 27, 8:30am- 3:00pm
Final Fall Game Day
Sat Apr 6, 8:30am- 3:00pm
Spring Game Day
Sat May 18, 8:30am- 3:00pm
5-A-Side